Thursday, May 8, 2008

We're Here


For two weeks, Amy asked me if I was going to purchase the Economy Plus Access fee that would get us an additional 5" of leg room on the Chicago to Beijing route. I delayed, and Ray Sanders prayed. Guess what? We got the seats for free. We boarded the plane and looked up to see ourselves in the section we nearly paid $700 more sit in. Praise the Lord.

Our drive up to Chicago was excellent, thanks to the Starbucks and fellowship. Don't tell Barton, but we were plenty early, and had time to walk around looking for a movie rental shop. At one point I actually stopped and asked someone for directions. She looked at me as if to say, "You must be outchor mind!" We eventually found one, but neither bought nor rented anything. We grabbed some lunch and boarded the plane. After our praise for the extra leg room we waited on the tarmack and back to the gate for a total of 2 hours of delays. Not to worry, because we really had nothing urgent to do once we arrived. The flight went well overall, we cleared customs quickly, and we were met by Angela, our Beijing based travel coordinator, once clearing through customs.
We are aleady amazed by the people and the culture. We are a little sleepy, fairly hungary, so food and bed sound like great options about now. Thanks for the prayer, love and support. Talk to you all soon.







10 comments:

Sherry said...

So glad to hear you made it! He has you hemmed in before and behind! I got a new cell phone (Amy - it only took 30 minutes) and figured out how to set it to show our time and Beijing time in the display. That should help my confusion of trying to follow you guys. Praying you had restful sleep! Enjoy these next few days!!! Love you all! - Sherry :)

BridgetdSmith said...

WooooHooooo! Praising God for traveling mercy!!

I am SO very anxious to vicariously witness your union with Our Girl!! Make sure to write down all the little details....I thought I would never forget some of them...I did!!

Loving y'all around the world and five houses down!~B

Sanders Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sanders Family said...

Hey guys!!!!! SOOO glad to here y'all made it ok!! God answers prayer!!! and congrats on the upgrade too!! PTL!! I asked mom if we could take off school today in your honor, but she obviously declined! Hope your liking the time off Jake, and enjoying this unforrgettable journey!


P.S. Naomi is watching Cinderella and she(Cinderella) is singing a song saying "if you just believe, the dreams that you wish will come true." So glad to see your dream coming to reality!!!

-Elliot

Anonymous said...

Great news. So glad you got the legroom. That makes a big difference when you're in the air for 14 hours - if it makes a big difference for me (5'7"), I'd think its has to be a requirement for all those 6'+ Arnold boys.

Just think, Libi Faith's countdown to meeting her mommy and daddy is no longer months and no longer weeks - its getting down to hours. You're even on the same timezone. How exciting!

Get some sleep. We'll be praying for you and can't wait for the next update.

Josh S.

Irene said...

Isn't God great? He gave you a little extra comfort for the trip. That's a huge blessing for that long trip especially. We love you and miss you already! It's only a little while longer until that babe is in your arms!!! I can hardly stand it!!! I pray you are sleeping sweetly right now. Have fun the next few days - soak in as much as you can of that beautiful country. By the way, the boys are doing great! They got ready fast so they could play on the trampoline before school. (As I'm typing this, Malea is chanting "Hold you Amy - Mommy, Amy's house". Boy is she in for a huge surprise!) :-) Can't wait for the next update! We love you! Irene

Anonymous said...

Dear Mommy,Daddy,and Jacob I miss you sooooo much.I cant wait to see Ribi.I just want you to be able to come back.I love you all soooooooo much. With Much Love,Joel

Molly said...

Praise God!! What a blessing to have that extra leg room. You Arnold men definitely could use it!!! I'm sure these few days will pass quickly. We can't wait to see her in your arms! Praying for great times of rest and relaxation as you prepare to start this new chapter of your life!!

Anonymous said...

Is that snow under the plane wing? If not what is it? I'm SO excited for you guys and and can't wait to meet her. I'm praying that you guys won't be wiped with the time change and everything. Have an awesome time and don't feel bad about missing my graduation. We are taking lots of pictures, and I'm gonna wear my dress to the airport so Auntie Amy can see it. Again, you guys are in or prayers! Have an AWESOME time! ~Cousin Tory

Anonymous said...

dear mommy and dady i miss you aloti am very exsited to see libi.

Libi's song