Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Leaving Guangzhou





I am a mix of emotions tonight. What's new? Other than feeling like I am "rocking" on a boat constantly, we are all holding up well physically. We are ready to come home. Today we enjoyed another quiet day...I say this, but keep in mind "quiet" with a baby. It seems like I never "stop", you know. I have a feeling we are all going to CRASH hard when we get home. I am looking forward to those first few days with family. It sounds like such a sweet refuge to me right now.

Our travel group took our kids to the famous "red couches" here in Guangzhou for pictures. Not all of the children were hip on getting their pictures, but there were a few that didn't mind...including our sweet Libi. She was pleased as punch to sit on that couch. I think you will enjoy the pictures. We have made wonderful connections here. It was difficult to say good-bye to our friends the Braniffs tonight. There is a bond a connection there that is deep. We are already planning our vacation to see them!
We also had our final stage of the adoption today. We received Libi's visa and had the oath ceremony. It was pretty emotional. It is the end of so much and yet the beginning at the same time. There are so many stages of this process of bringing our little princess home, it seems strange that once her little feet hit US soil it will all be OFFICIAL! She is too precious for words. God has entrusted us with a rich treasure.

She is really struggling to settle, so I need to go relieve daddy. Pray for Libi, she is getting a cold. Also, pray for our visit to New Day, her foster home. Pray for no set backs or confusion. I want to be wise about her needs. I covet your prayers for wisdom and peace....thank you again, for being on this journey with us!!! We are soon to be home!!!!

5 comments:

Irene said...

These pictures are awesome!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the huge flower! We'll be praying for your visit to New Day and for good health for Libi and the rest of you. Hang in there. You're so close to coming home! Can't wait to see you!

Hugs/kisses - Irene

BridgetdSmith said...

I am EVER so smitten! What a beauty!! I love her expressive eyes!!

The bows? A Mama after my heart!!

I was elated to haer the tix were fixed and you ever have MORe room! Can't you just "feel" Gods Favor???

We are counting down the days... til we can hug and pray on & over that sweet gem of yours!

Missing you and praying for a treasured time at New Day!

God Speed my friends!!

Anonymous said...

This was the girls' scripture for today 2 Cor 9: 7 "...for God loves a cheerful giver."

As I read further in the chapter and the girls and I looked at your pics for today, I couldn't help but think of you in the verses that followed the above.

"This service you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!."

I hope this scripture confirms that you are at the center of His will. Adoption is so deep, so wonderful, words cannot explain. It lifts the adopter to a new, wonderful realm, that can only be experienced in the presence of Jesus.

It's been a blast watching your heavenly experience. I have no doubt others will see it and praise God (and also want it for themselves!). I can't wait to meet LIbi Faith!

Christy S

Anonymous said...

We too stayed at the Victory Hotel and had a much bigger room. I was so glad to get back on Illinois soil and have ice in my glass that we could drink!! When we went back to Rachel's orphanage, I hadn't anticipated how hard it was for her at 19mth. She truly, I think thought we were taking her back and wept.I of course did too. Once we were back in the travel bus she laughed and was her little self. I will pray for health for all of you on your way home. Love, Ellen Wylie and family!!

Sherry said...

Oh the pictures just get better and better. And I'm sure they are nothing compared to the REAL deal!! She is absolutely beautiful!

Thinking of you saying goodbye to the Braniffs made me so sad. The Lord has knit your hearts together in this journey you have shared together. What a blessing to know you will spend eternity together.

We are praying for the New Day visit. And the trip home.

We CANNOT wait ....

XOXOXO - Sherry :)

Libi's song