Thursday, May 8, 2008

a day in Beijing



Well, I wanted to take a minute before we head out for the day and first tell you how wonderful it is to hear from each of you here in China! (Yes, that is an exclamation point, Barton, and there will be many more!!) I am so excited to be here. I can't quite describe the feeling. I find myself staring out the window at the people doing their morning exercises, and I am so intrigued about them and their life. I know we have not seen or experienced much yet, but I am so ready to embrace my daughters home. I have never felt such peace or certainty over anything in my whole life! It is such a peaceful confidence of being right in the moment you are to be in by Divine design. My biggest crisis has been not having a hairdryer this morning. :) What a crisis. Depending on the situation with the hair it could be major...anyway, I love being here with my "big guys", but I am missing my little men back at home. Thank you to the Shaw's for loving on them. Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers. If you struggle to post you can use my email: amymarnold@comcast.net


We are off to see the Great Wall!!! I cannot wait. Tonight is a big dinner and Chinese acrobats.


3 more days to Libi Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in a constant state of thinking and praying for her, wondering how close in proximity I actually am to her!! I can' think about that too much or I'm going to have to go get her!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

You guys are sooo close! Can you believe you are in her city? You're right, don't think about that one too long, or you might start getting crazy ideas. It sounds like you have a great day planned!

Jacob - You cannot let your mom post pictures like that of you on the blog! She already owes you for Enchanted!

Praying that you truly soak in these next three days! It's Friday, but Sunday's coming. :)

Love to you all! - Sherry

Alyssa Marie said...

I pray that you guys have a cloud free day for the Great Wall. Its AmAzInG!!!!! Seriously one of the coolest things I have ever done. Love you guys,
Alyssa

The Millers said...

Let us know how the Great Wall was and the Chinese acrobats. It cannot be six months ago that we were there. Soak it all up guys-it is awe inspiring. Amy, I know how you feel about China and it's people. I fell in love with them. They are so warm and friendly. Oh!!! I am so excited for ya'll! Beijing will be a whirlwind with all the activities but what a wonderful experience. How is your guide. We would get so tickled at her American phrases. Were Brad and Jacob mobbed for pictures?? Hope they signed autographs!!
We are praying, praying, praying!!!

Keep on posting!! Love ya'll!
Melissase

Anonymous said...

Welcome to China! Does it even seem real yet? So great to hear your trip over went well. I am sure you slept well the first night in a bed after the plane ride.

Hope you are able to take in what you can as you dream of the moment you get your babe. I am sure you will have many stories leading up to your big day!

We will all try and get thru these next few days as we anxiously await the first pictures of you and your Libi Faith!!

WE love you! Steve, Lisa and family

P.S. tomorrow is the 1st National Day of Prayer for Guatemala. Keep praying for all those 2000 babies to come home!

Anonymous said...

wow.. you guys look really tired. I hear lots and lots of fish and fish byproducts are good for jet lag. 2 extra hours on the tarmack... I'd have been the angry American getting tased by a US Marshall. I need to point out that what no one can see in the departure picture at Ohare is the foreign couple waiting..... waiting..... waiting for all these pictures to be taken because they can't get past all your luggage. They looked really happy. Truly, we wish we were there, but we're skype-ready here. Barton

Libi's song