Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blessing Blanket

Reading "Daddy's Girl"
Look how good she is sitting up...that straight back...PTL!







I was overwhelmed to complete sobs this morning by how many people the story of Libi Faith has touched. I cannot say thank you enough, not for myself, but for my daughter. I desire for her to one day have a glimpse of the love and prayers that were offered up for her when she was birthed into all of our hearts. SO.....

I would like to ask each of you to send a 9 inch square of fabric and write a blessing, prayer, verse for Libi Faith and attach a swatch of the same fabric with it. The notes of blessing along with the swatch will be put into a book for her and the 9 inch squares will be made into a quilt.

You can send them to:

Amy Arnold
3504 Zachary Lane
Bloomington IL 61704

or...we will have a basket for them at the open house.

again the open house is:

June 8th 3-5:00
Hampton Inn & Suites
College Hills


Thank you once again...she is a little life that has been changed, and you have all been a HUGE part of it all!

3 comments:

Lisa4Him said...

Oh Amy, she's just precious!! I can't believe how much Libi's changed already! She just has such a different look about her and boy is she sitting up straight! Wow!

The idea of the quilt and the book for her is just so special! I will definitely send one. I sooo wish we could be at the Open House, but we will be flying back home that day from Washington State after having visited with Melissa and Nick. Nick is graduating from his SERE training on June 6th...Praise God!!! We're so excited to be able to go see them, but we will definitely miss seeing Libi at the Open House!! What a special time that will be!!
Love and prayers, Lisa

Sherry said...

We are the ones who have been SO incredibly blessed to watch the story of Libi. And the amazing thing is we have only witnessed the first chapter. I am so overwhelmed by the joy and love we have already experienced for her, that I just can't imagine how we'll feel as the story gets better and better. God has such amazing plans for this little girl!! She has already touched so many, but I sense it isn't even the tip of the iceberg. We look forward to enjoying every milestone she makes and every heart she touches! Praising God!!!

Love, Sherry

Marilyn said...

We are enjoying watching your journey via your blog. Thanks so much for taking the time to post regularly to keep us all updated.

Since I know Brad the best of all of you I have especially loved seeing the pictures of him with his little girl- there is no doubt who has whom wrapped around their little finger!!! It's the same way here with Lena and her Daddy!!! :) Brad- you always displayed Godly character when we worked together and seeing how God is working through you in the life of Libi is a blessing to me. I join you in praising God for bringing her into your lives!

Thanks again for giving us all a peek into this incredible experience. We love you all and will continue to pray as you all adjust into a routine. Libi will continue to make developmental strides as she is loved and consistently cared for.
Ed, Marilyn and Lena

Libi's song