Monday, May 12, 2008

A day to remember....





I will start by saying, hang on! This was one of the most incredible and difficult days of my life. The start...we heard our sweet girl cry. She woke up crying this morning. It was music to our ears. I so wanted to hear that emotion from her. I thought she might be grieving, sad to wake up from sleep in an unfamiliar place, but it was just a difficult BM. Anyway, I loved being able to comfort her. She was very happy to see her family and let us know with lots of sweet smiles. She then took a shower. She did great, and smelled a whole lot better!

She was fussy at breakfast. I think she might have a little bit of reflux. There is a clinic here in the hotel so I am going to check in with them about it. I will take any advice on this one.

There is another adopting family down the hall from us that has provided the craziest things for us. The mom has come knocking on the door hand delivering things that I have just mentioned that I wished I had without knowing the need. Libi's feet are so tiny. I have no shoes or socks that will stay on...she brought some to me. She also brought a pacifier about an hour after I mentioned wishing I had brought one. One thing she brought was soy formula. I think that is my cue from the Father to give it a whirl with Libi. The crazy thing...a few moments ago I was thirsty...before I went to poor a drink she showed up at the door with a green apple soda that is popular here in China for me to try. I LOVE stuff like that! I love that He satisfies my every thirst.

We have been placed here with a precious family. I have posted a picture of their precious babe below. She reminds us a lot of Ari! They have blessed us in ways too numerous to count. We both feel like we could not be on this journey without one another. Today we saw a very great purpose in us all being brought together.

We took a visit to the orphanage here today. I thought I was some what prepared for it. I was very wrong! I want you to know I write this through much agony. I cannot quite express what I saw and felt. The eyes of the abandoned will forever haunt my mind. As we stood outside the orphanage we took a photo in front of the statue, "mother's forever love". As we moved through the doors and up the stairs nothing could have prepared my heart for what I would behold. Crib after crib of precious babies...some asleep, some soothing themselves to sleep, some with bottles propped up...all of them little treasures of a Good King. All of the little ones we saw were "special needs". (I am beginning to really despise that label.) I would have left there today with any one of those children in my arms, and I can't imagine anyone who would have been with me today would have felt otherwise. Today we saw the "healthy babies". As our guide said we did not see the "very sick" children. Those would be children like our blessed Libi Faith. It is too emotional for me to write about that now. I just sit here feeling so honored to be that little girls mother. I have been given a great and awesome gift...I will never be able to thank Him enough for my daughter...she has been rescued, and so have I....

Our next stop was even more emotional. We had the opportunity to visit a foster home that would blow you out of your chair. People that sold everything they had a few years ago and began to take in orphans. They now have 28! They are amazing servants of Him. I cannot get over what I saw. Our connection is through our friends that we are here with. Just as our sweet Libi was in a foster home of many children, their sweet baby was blessed to be in this foster home. We saw little ones who lives have been transformed by the hand of the Father. His heart is flowing in this place with incredible love and care. As you walked through the gate it was like stepping into the most peaceful haven. The stories of each of these little ones would fill a book. They encouraged our hearts as if we had been with the Father directly. We were given great hope about what Libi will be and become. They really did teach us some great ways to care for her. By the way, the last pictures of Libi so happy is her being spoken to by the foster mamma in Chinese...she LOVED her!

(just FYI...the pictures of the sweet faces after Brad with Libi asleep on his shoulder were taken at the foster home, not the orphanage)



"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of their Father in heaven. What do you think, if a man owns 100 sheep and 1 of them wonders away, will he not go into the hills and look for the 1 who wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about the 1 sheep than about the 99 that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my Name, welcomes me."

Do you know when you have a day when you know that nothing else will ever be the same? That day for me is today...I am broken and thankful, I am blessed...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy, thank you for giving us all a glimpse of what you have experienced today...your post took my breath away.
contined prayers for you and your fam - and for all the other little ones there who are preparing to go home or waiting to find a home.
also, love the story of your new friend down the hall. God has blessed you with an unexpected, lifelong friend.

lynne s.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being diligent in letting us in on your special moments. How fun to see the bonding going on between all of you. Hope those BM's get a little easier!
Have a great night,
Luv,
The Munn's

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so powerful. I know how hard it is to look at the babies at New Day and read their story. I can't imagine being there with them and having to leave them all behind. We are so sheltered here in our Babylon and our happy lives. You are changed forever and I have a feeling there could be 28 more in the Arnold household someday! Libi looks beautiful. This is the first time I've seen her teeth. It looks like her and Jacob are really bonding too! Maybe you should get that baby some prunes!

Love you and still praying hard for you!

Jill

lisa kindred said...

WE are so thankful Libi is doing so well . God is allowing you to be His hands and feet and meeting her every need. Doesn't that just feel so wonderful as her mommy and daddy? I will e-mail you some more reflux ideas, if that is what you are thinking.

I know we can hardly get a glimpse into your day at the orphanage. You will be forever changed that experience. I am so glad you will get to end at New Day, to get a better picture of her life before.

How is the big brother?
I knew he would just bond so well with that precious one. Loved the picture of him holding her outside the orphanage. Sweet!

What a blessing to have your friend there for you. God sent her since no one from your army back here could be with you in the flesh.

We love you guys. LIsa

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.

Anonymous said...

So exciting to see what is happening with all of you. We rejoice and are thankful you are safe in the midst of the earthquake. Libi is a doll, but more importantly, she has been chosen by the Lord for your family! - Darrell and Sue

Sherry said...

Amy - Now I understand why you were so heavy on my heart in prayer these past hours. The words that come to mind are "Gloriously Ruined". Praise you Jesus! That is my heart's desire. This post more than any other has made me weep! Why is it so hard to get these babies!? I would take them all. Why does it take so long? ... God is Sovereign!
We have no idea what spiritual battle is going on in the heavenlies over these little ones. I was walking yesterday and thinking of Libi. Can you even imagine that they would have put her in an institution if you had not said yes? How many other kids are where they don't belong because no one has risen up to say Yes? My heart is broken. I pray that He will use me in bigger ways. Love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I wasn't able to see the pics, so I'll try back later. But, your words painted a great picture. God help the orphans left behind and God help the ones who care for them. You said it so eloquently. Thank you.

Love and prayers,
Christy

Sanders Family said...

Hey Guys so good to hear that everything is going well! I can't imagine the feeling of going to her orphanage. It must have been an amazing experience. We'll be sure to pray for all those little ones in the orphanage and foster home.
Jacob- It's so great to see Libi in your arms! Praise the Lord she is bonding so well!!

We'll continue to be in prayer, and we can't wait till you get back!!

Elliot

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Libi Faith is absolutely adorable!!! Praise God she is bonding with you all so well!! I am so happy for you all!! It's unbelievable to see her in your arms!!! We will continue praying for you all and for those precious kids in the orphanage!! We can't wait till you all get back!!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Taylor

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody! It's so good to see that little girl smile! She looks like she really likes being with you guys and is adjusting very well. She looks a lot bigger than I thought she would be. Let Jacob know that my school's track team won state. HA! I'm so very excited for you to come home again with your precious baby girl!

The Millers said...

Dear friend! Oh how I remember wandering the halls of Sarah Beth's orphanage and seeing all those precious faces, so lost and looking back at us. Some sitting, some standing and some lying in their cribs, all longing to be held. How can you ever leave a place like that and not be forever changed. Your life will be filled with a new passion like never before-longing for homes for these little ones.

Oh how blessed sweet Libi is to be found by you. She is amazing me as I read this! Yea, God, you are so Big!!! Forgive us for boxing you in when all you want to do is show your stuff!! Keep wowing us in the life of beautiful Libi Faith. Jesus you CAN move those mountains! Let us stand back and watch you move!!

Love you all so much.

Libi's song