Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Libi's Easter Seals Appoinment




So today was Libi's evaluation at Easter Seals. Easter Seals is an incredible organization that provides therapy services for growth and development for children with delays due to various reasons. She was a trooper. She did great. There were 6 people in the room to evaluate her. She just played and enjoyed herself. I am already CRAZY about Easter Seals! They seemed to enjoy Libi as much as I did. She truly is a sweetheart. I don't just say that because she is my daughter, well, maybe I do. Anyway, she will be receiving, what I believe, is the best therapy possible. Easter Seals is passionate about what they do and passionate about these kids. She should begin sessions by the end of next week. Libi will receive Developmental therapy, Physical therapy, Occupationally therapy, and feeding therapy. Eventually speech therapy will be added to the therapy list! I am so grateful for how the Lord has ordered everything needed for her development. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I have not had to go looking for one Dr. or therapist for this girl. He has laid it all before us! He ordered it so perfectly that even the timing of her appointments happening the week after we get home. They were all scheduled on His Kingdom calendar. They sent us home with a really cool stander for her home therapy. She has to spend about a half an hour a day in it. Praise God for Easter Seals...

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh my goodness - Libi looks so adorable!! I am thankful the Lord has connected you with the best Dr's available to take such good care of her.

She's the topic of daily conversation and prayers in our home - we are very anxious to meet her!!

Shelly Spain & Co.

BridgetdSmith said...

WHAT a doll! LOVE the "stander"....love the girl in it OODLES more!

I am SO proud of her! AND you !!

I am STILL replaying her giggle with the girls today!! What music! Joy! Many more memories to be made!!

Love y'all Scads!

The Clements said...

We share in your thankfulness for Easter Seals! They have been wonderful with Daniel as well. It was good to see you there Tuesday, if only for a moment. Amy, you and Libi looked great - I would never have guessed you'd only been home a few days! We are praying for you as you begin therapies and doctor's appointments. Love you all.

Libi's song