Monday, June 2, 2008

More Precious with each New Day




Libi is taking a little nap and I have 45 minutes before her next appointment. So...time for a quick update. I want to once again say thank you for the prayers. We are continuing to see Libi come to life before our very eyes. I think you will be able to see it for yourself in these pictures.

The major medical breakthrough had been with her seizure medication. Her blood levels came back very high indicating a major adjustment being needed for this medication. Since we have changed this she has been much more alert and animated.

She is really showing that she "knows" her family. It is hard to keep her "in" and in just mamma's arms, but it really is best for her. Days where we are out a little more or around more people it seems to "shut her down" a bit. I see her security improving and know it takes time. I am so thankful for the divine wisdom that God has given to Brad and I to read her and know when she has had enough. I was sharing with a friend last night how she had all these little habits of soothing herself to sleep at night. She would go through her little routine of things before she would finally drift off to sleep. We have seen these behaviors grow less necessary for her. Praise the Lord! This is such a huge sign of her growing comfort and security.

Sunday we went out to lunch and she sat in a wooden high chair and opened her mouth for each bite until her whole jar of baby food was devoured! This is huge success for this little angel. Brad and I were so excited!!

She will continue to see many doctors over the next couple of weeks. This Friday she will have and EEG. To us this is probably the most critical test. It will show us what is going on neurologically. I don't know that we will know the results until the 13th when we meet with a neurologist.

On Sunday we were at church and Libi Faith came to life when we began to worship. She was belly laughing. Now for a little girl that you practically have to stand on your head to make smile, unless your name if Joel, this is HUGE! She was clapping and singing. She liked it so much more than our "Annie" sing along. Our pastor prayed for sweet Libi. Something that struck me in his prayer was when he prayed for Libi's healing, and thanked the Lord that it has already begun. I believe this completely. The day Libi Faith was birthed into our arms her healing began, and it continues with each New Day. Continue to join us in prayer as we see the Lord heal our daughter mind, body, and spirit

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise.

8 comments:

lisa kindred said...

Praising JESUS for your beautiful butterfly. These pictures are priceless. She is so happy and content.God is at work in that little life and it is such a privilege to watch.

We Love you! Lisa

Molly said...

Those pictures are absolutely precious!!! I LOVE the pics of her and Joel together. So cute!! She looks so alert and happy. What a sweet girl. Praising God for this incredible daughter of yours!!! Thanks for keeping us updated on her progress. It looks like she's brought much joy to your family.

Molly

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Libi's progress! It blesses us so. Part of my Beth Moore study "Believing God" asked us to name someone who we often pray for with joy! The Arnolds came to mind instantly! May each day bring new joy to your hearts! Leslie & Don

Sheri Lyn said...

Oh Amy, she is adorable!!! I can see such progress from the earlier pictures to these. God will restore health unto precious Libi Faith - His mighty hand is on her life. I can't wait to see all that He has for her and your family.

Praying for you and for her continued healing - God is Good!!

Much Love,
Sheri Jones

Anonymous said...

Wow, what difference in the look on little Libi's face! She look so happy! This is what a family can do for a child (and a praying family no less!!). It is a joy to see her progress.

We are looking forward to the Open House on Sunday. Libi will have to meet out little Hope someday. We are enjoying her! What a blessing these children are to you as parents and to us as grandparents!!

Love, Ray and Marcia

Ethiopianmomma said...

I did not get to speak to you on Sunday, but Mussie and I took a peak at your precious girl!
Thank you so much for the invitation to welcome her at the open house. We are leaving tomorrow and will be out of town for the next 11 days.
Mussie carried her picture around (the one in the invite) and said, "baby, baby" all afternoon. It was special to him.
I love that she was belly-laughing at church! God has filled her spirit with joy!!

Christy said...

Those pictures totally affirm your words. I can't believe the difference in her in just a week. God is so faithful, and so are you Brad, Amy and Family. Keep the faith..that healing will continue to appear.

Will wait anxiously for the EEG update after Friday.

Love,
Christy S

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, Lori gave me this blog address and praise God. I miss you and I'm so excited for you and your family on your new addition!

Libi's song