Friday, August 22, 2008

What's happening?




We were home for a few short days and headed north to visit more family. It was a crazy few weeks, but so worth it to visit with family. It is amazing to me how "adaptable" Libi is these days. She is so secure. She never stresses out on us any more. I am so thankful that God has bonded us together.

Libi went to her pediatrician and the final report from that visit...she is SHORT...even for an Asian. I am thankful for this. I have been teased my whole life for being the short one. Could I have a child that will not exceed my height at the age of 10?? She is gaining lbs more rapidly than inches, so we have tweaked her diet a bit.

She continues to have her daddy right where she wants him. I took the two of them with me the other night to get some groceries and they had their little "kissy-love" fest all through the store. I told them next time they could stay home, because they were no help to me at all! It was a distraction to everyone trying to shop!!

School will start on Monday and I am not looking forward to the boys heading out the door, but I am looking forward to some routine around here. Libi will continue to meet with her therapists and her sessions with mommy will grow more intense.

We continue to be amazed that our wonderful Father choose to bless us with such a sweet gift of love. I know most might think I say this because I am her mama, but she is the sweetest little girl I have ever met! She is truly SUGAR!!

I close this post with James 1. I LOVE this chapter of God's word. These verses have taken hold of my heart since the Lord has gifted us with Libi Faith...

James 1
17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

18 He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.

27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Next time you need to grocery shop, call me. I'd be glad to stay home and with Libi and have a kissy-love fest and let you shop in peace. LOL! - Sherry :)

Libi's song