Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home from Atlanta/2008 Olympics-Beijing





Okay, first thing first. I am crazy proud for my little girl and her incredible home country of China. They have blown me away by their investment in making this the most incredible summer games the world has ever seen. As we tuned in to see the opening ceremonies I was once again touched by the rich culture of this wonderful country. It is so fun to "revisit" this country via the Olympics. So, the Arnold home will be cheering for 2 countries this Olympics...Go USA!!! Go CHINA!!!



We are recouping and unpacking from a great trip down to Georgia. We have not always had the privilege of having our family live within a day drive of us. What a great time we had together,

Yesterday I was pushed to the brink of my physical capabilities. I climbed a mountain. Yes, I climbed a mountain! AND...I have no pictures of myself at the top to prove it. Anyway, we had a very fun day at Stone Mountain. It was a tad too warm for my personal climbing experience. I really do not like to sweat and the sweating that was going on was PROFUSE and UGLY!

We took a ride on the ducks. It was a very interesting experience for all. Libi was not sure what to think of all the "quacking" that was taking place. If you are not sure what a "ride on the ducks" is, I will summarize. It is a ride on a vehicle that can operate on both land and in water. Enough said, we had fun! We were "quacking up"...

It was a beautiful day. You can't help being in a place like that and not think of our Marvelous Creator. On the drive home today I wanted to soak in each rolling hill and "fresh" pieces of scenery that I don't very often get to see. It was sad to come home and think of getting back to all the demands of life, but I am looking forward to falling into my bed tonight and having a couple more weeks of summer.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Welcome home! We're probably in the same boat with no groceries in the house and piles of laundry. But who cares when you have your own bed to sink in to.

We thought of you lots as we watched the opening ceremonies from Branson. Wasn't it incredible?! You can just see the heart and pride of the Chinese people in hosting these events. My heart is on loan to Libi's home country for these next couple of weeks as well.

Love, Sherry :)

gail said...

Congratulations on the climb!!! I am so proud of you. So I guess you will be ready to sign on as my training partner next season.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great week with family. Two beautiful families getting to enjoy life together. Awesome.

We miss that Libi Love and can't wait to kiss those cheeks. Enjoy!


Love ya, Lisa and thegang

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great week with family. Two beautiful families getting to enjoy life together. Awesome.

We miss that Libi Love and can't wait to kiss those cheeks. Enjoy!


Love ya, Lisa and the gang

Anonymous said...

Arnolds,
Welcome home. I bet you all are sooo tired. I have been on small vacations and visits with family, and I can't get enough sleep. China has been doing AMAZING in this years Olympics. Their talents is extraordinary to so many levels.I am glad to here that your summer is going well.


Sydney.S

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hi there! I found your blog in a search for "New Day Foster Home". i see that you r beautiful daughter resided there & wondered when you went. Our daughter is there now & I wondered if you might have some pictures of her & recognize her if you saw her. Her name is "Sarah" & we hope & pray to travel in November! We are already LID and PA.......

welcome home!

Libi's song