Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Unrescued

Today was an "at home" church day for the Arnold family. Libi had decided to party in her crib once again from 3-6 AM. That girl knows how to have a good time, she just has not figured out the best timing for that with her mama! Anyway, it had divine purpose today.

Our family really needed to regroup. You know those times when your just running on a short fuse with one another? When you just find that everyone is a little edgy???

The Lord had spoken deeply to my heart through a program on Moody radio last week and I felt Him prompting me to share it with my family. So we came together as a family this morning and listened to the program. I saw the Lord use this so powerfully in our living room and I wanted to offer you the opportunity to bring it to yours.

The link: http://www.moodyradio.org/brd_ProgramDetail.aspx?id=24704

click "listen now" in the upper right hand corner

God has so stirred our hearts for the orphans, but this program took me into the world of the abandoned unlike anything ever had before. It is an interview with a gentleman, Rob Mitchell, who grew up in an orphanage from age 3 until he entered adulthood. He has written a book sharing his testimony.

the link to his book: http://www.castawaykid.com/

I implore each of you to take time to listen to it and let us know your thoughts.

As for the Arnold's and our thoughts...we are thankful. Thankful that God has chosen us to be His children. Thankful that He is Rescuer. Thankful that He has allowed us to be a part of "rescuing". Thankful that He will once again place a life preserver in our hands and give us the privilege to rescue.

143 MILLION ORPHANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
500 THOUSAND IN FOSTER CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopeless, Helpless Who will rescue them????????????


these are a few of their faces....



3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh Mrs. Arnold... made my heart break all over again for these kids. Such an overwhelming crisis, yet no easy solution. I look into their eyes and want to pull them all close to me and tell them THEY ARE LOVED!!! I'm aching for their little hearts who are lonely, and all the babies who are lying in their cribs- alone. Nobody to pick them up and give them some love and attention.

Thanks for sharing and for reminding me of this burden!!

Anonymous said...

Joining you in the plight of the orphans. Are you ready to start our orphanage? I think we could do it. It is great to share this passion with you and so many others. I love your heart in all of this. Too many hurting kids in this world. We can make a difference!


Love ya, LIsa

Anonymous said...

upone goldi marketshare hunt taxi toeven adversarial dangers africans nets reversed
lolikneri havaqatsu

Libi's song