Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
















I should wait until the 28th, but...these pictures are too cute to keep to myself.

Libi Faith's foster home celebrates all the birthdays of the month on one day. We think it is because of the MESS!! All these little babes and their messy little faces...I am sure it has to take hours to clean it up!

Her little walker is NASCAR, she must be a real "speedster". From the looks of things, I would venture to say there is not a lot of "speed" in Libi's world! We think the cheeks might slow her down...
SO where are we at in the process of getting her home? Only God knows...and in that lies the struggle.
This is a constant cycle of emotions.
Once again, I must testify of My sweet Fathers knowledge of his little girl.
I wait minute by minute, hour by hour, at this point to here that we can leave to go get Libi.
He knows my desire is to hold my daughter in my arms on her birthday, this dream is likely to stay just that, a dream. When faced with the reality of this today what should arrive?
Pictures of my precious Libi Faith celebrating her birthday. Yes, it is bitter sweet for me, but what a blessing!
Birthday's come and go for so many mommies who wait for their children on the other side of the world, birthdays that will never be marked in their minds with memories or pictures in their albums. I have been blessed with birthday memories, I have her first....






and now her second....




















Thank You my Great God for the hope of that 3rd birthday celebration!!!!!!!!!!!








8 comments:

Alyssa Marie said...

That cake is HUGE... its bigger than her.. haha!

Amy as I was reading your blog my heart was hurting so bad for you and God brought this verse to mind

WAIT for the LORD; Be strong and take heart and WAIT for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

Love you!

2 China 4 Addison said...

I remember very well "celebrating" Addie's first birthday without her. It was such a bittersweet day...
HE will give you beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3) VERY soon AMY!! Hang in there. Praying for you!
Love,
Becki

Stefanie said...

Hi there! I found your blog on the big blog site and was so excited to see you are adopting a little one from New Day! My sister is PA for Cole at New Day (his name used to be Jesse)... in fact, he's the little boy in grey in Libi's birthday pictures :)
I KNOW she would LOVE to get in touch with you, her email is watson1417@comcast.net and her name is Andrea.
Blessings as you prepare to travel for your precious girl!

Linda Thomas said...

How incredibly sweet... and how GOD that someone saw your blog whose sister is adopting the boy in the picture with Libi!!!

Still praying and believing for a BIRTHDAY celebration together.

Love,
Linda

Linda Thomas said...

Oh.. and my verse for you is this:

"Our God is in heaven, He does whatever pleases Him."

It's in the psalms.. haven't memorized the reference, but I've memorized the TRUTH. God is GOOD and therefore, what He does is GOOD.

Linda

Molly said...

Oh my heart aches for you!! I so wish that you could be with your sweet girl on her birthday. I hope that you find joy even in the waiting.

"He has made everything BEAUTIFUL in His time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11a

We're praying for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures, the song, it has brought me to tears today. Ray and I will continue to pray that you can bring that little one home and bring a big smile to that precious face. We cannot wait to someday meet her.

His ways and thoughts are so far above ours so we have to keep trusting. I know that is easy said but sometimes hard to do. Libi is getting into a wonderful family....what a blessed little girl!

Love, Marcia

The Millers said...

Our hands are raised to our awesome God. How faithful, how wonderful, how good He is. You are on your way dear friends to the most precious moment when she is in your arms. How full they will be. The dream becomes a reality. Tears are streaming down my face as I write this. Oh what wonders await you my friends. God is so very big!
Please know that from now until May 7th, all is a blur, but a wonderful blur. We are here to help in any way we can. Soon, there will be no distance between you. Remember His arms stretch from the East to the West. He is waiting to deliver her safely into her Mama's arms forever.

We rejoice with you!!!!!!!!

Libi's song