Sunday, November 30, 2008

Soups ON!! and more "everyday" happenings

Soup's ON!!!!



I have much to update...I will start with the funniest!
Libi has become "grabby"and QUICK. She managed to pull a Tupperware filled soup over onto both of us. There went dinner, we managed and had hot dogs!! :) I laughed so hard. She was absolutely STUNNED. Her eyes were huge when that big container of soup splattered all over us and she remained in a state of shock for a bit.
I am thankful it was cold!

GARDEN TIME...

Libi and I have been having a lot of fun playing in her garden. Thanks to one of Libi's therapists who helps me with great "playtime" ideas. She loves to sit in her garden and pull out her vegetables and then put them in the mailbox. I think I know who she is mailing them to. She also plays peek-a-boo with me through the mailbox. It is so much fun and GREAT sitting up time for her. I wonder when she will wise up to the fact that mom is making her work?










Playing Princess...


Speaking of therapy sessions. One of Libi's very favorite things is playing princess. This is a very motivating game for her. It is used to motivate her to stand, to sign "more" and just keeps her engaged.
This has a lot of meaning for me. I had a hard time for awhile wanting to do the "little girl" things with Libi. Playing dress up and having tea parties. I had an introduction into this world by my precious daughter, Ari, and I longed, selfishly to play these things with Libi.
One day, as I expressed my heart to my husband, he said,
"Then do it. Have and tea party, play dress up." Was it really that simple?
YES.
The very next day Libi's therapist pulled out the princess dress ups!!! Thank you God for showing me a glimpse into my daughters heart that I did not realize was there. In turn, He blessed mine!!!




I'm as Pretty and a Princess!




Speaking of Princess...



Brad and I were out shopping at Target the other night and I saw this little princess might gown. I bought it for Libi, but I really bought it for me! When we put it on her later, it was the most precious thing. She KNEW what it was! We told her she was a princess, and she immediately started to sign "more". I didn't get it at first. we took her in and put her in front of the mirror, and then it dawned on me. She wanted "more" princess, not just the dress, bring on the jewels. We dug out some beads and then she was happy!





signing "more"







More Cracker success!




Libi was successful with crackers to the mouth again. She also did well with some whipped cream at Thanksgiving. This is a goal that I am praying we will see her reach soon! It is hard to see her do something with great success and then not repeat it. Join us in praying for this little sweetie to become an independent feeder!






The TREE...


We put our Christmas tress up this weekend. It always amazes me how i picture these beautiful Martha Stewart like moments in putting up the tree. Every year without fail, I end up mad and crying, my kids end up mad and crying...does this happen to anyone else??? We did finally have success. We all enjoyed watching Libi gaze at the tree with excitement and furiously sign "more" and clapping. we think she liked it.





FINALLY...THANKSGIVING!!!!!



We had a very blessed day with our family. The food was amazing and the blessings abundant! We pray that your Thanksgiving was also very blessed!!!!


Libi with her Great Grandparents


with Uncle Scott!

6 comments:

TK said...

Adorable princess!

Club crackers are the first thing our daughter ate independently too! It will happen!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness!! Love your beautiful princess! :)

How ironic that you mentioned setting up your Christmas tree. We had our own little disaster Christmas tree session this afternoon and I wondered to myself if any other families have these. My mom was trying to take pictures and I was about ready to start bawling lol. So, no, you're not alone! And I'm glad to know that we're not the only ones either!

Glad you had a good thanksgiving! :)

Molly

Denna said...

Love the pictures. I am glad the soup was cold also.
She is a pretty little princess.

Anonymous said...

Hey my sweet friend. I love seeing Libi angel. She is remarkable. We are praying with you guys always. I'm glad you had a blessed Thanksgiving. Much love, The Braniffs

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog today, following links from other sites largely out of sheer boredom, but when I saw your little girl's face, and when I looked over your story, I began to realize that God brought me here. I'd love to share a story of another orphaned little girl with you, and to ask for your prayers for her, but I'm unable to share publicly. Her situation reminds me so much of your daughter's. Would you consider allowing me to email you her story? My email address is amanda.bristol@hotmail.com. (If you would prefer to keep your personal information private, I completely understand!)

Kari C. said...

Hi Arnolds,
I am so glad Libi is doing so well! She looks amazing. She has come so far since we were in China. God has great plans for her. I just know it! Glad you had a blessed Thanksgiving!
Love the Colleges

Libi's song