Friday, November 14, 2008

Everyday is a GIFT


I am unsure where to start with this post. It has been a week like no other week. Yesterday was a day unlike any other day. Many of you have heard, and some experienced it first hand, our sweet Libi Faith experienced a seizure yesterday. This blog is about my Mighty God and His never ending presence in my life and specifically the life of this precious little girl. So before I begin…

Jesus, You have never been more or meant more to me in my whole existence than You do in this moment. You have shown up and I am overwhelmed. You have not promised that this journey would be easy, but You have promised that You would never leave or forsake. You are MIGHTY TO SAVE! My praise to You, for You and about You is endless!!

I had this crazy intense morning with the Lord. I just could not get out of the Word. I had no idea he was strengthening me for what laid ahead that day. Libi was having a great day on Thursday. She was so smiley and engaged. I had those great overflowing feelings of love and thankfulness…you know when you just want to take a bite out of them because they just seem so sweet you could eat them? (Maybe that’s just crazy Brad and Amy Arnold)


It is so very real to me how in one moment your whole world can change.
I was feeding Libi her lunch and she began to go into this deep long stare. I could not get her attention. She was totally unresponsive. Libi’s doctors had described this type of seizure to us before so I don’t think it too long before it registered that she was having a seizure.

I was home alone so I quickly phoned my neighbor, Bridget. Bridget arrived quickly and I began to notice that Libi was in distress. This was not like any seizure I had experienced before. She was completely still. Her eyes rolled back and I thought that she was coming out of it. Unfortunately, it was getting worse. Her color began to turn ashen and I told Bridget to call 911. As Bridget began to speak to the operator it became apparent that Libi needed me to breathe for her. Her lips were purple, she was very cold, and I could not feel a pulse. Did I know what to do? Was I prepared? NO! All I could do was cry out to my precious Jesus and plead for His help. put your mouth on hers and BREATHE!!! Bridget continued to speak with the operator and we were assured that the paramedics were in route. Time stood still. I just continued to breathe into my sweet little baby, pleading with God to allow her to breathe. I think I went sown over her about 4 times, giving her 3 breathes each time. Libi began to come back to us and Bridget and I were in shock…we just cried and uttered thanks to the Name of our Helper, JESUS. By the time the paramedics arrived Libi was in a fairly hypnotic state. We began to see her become more stable and “with us” in the ambulance.

We had a lengthy stay in the ER. Libi had a fever of 101.3 when we arrived. All of the tests that were run came back normal. It was clear that she has a virus, but unclear if this seizure was due to her fever or not. So, her doctors felt it necessary to double her seizure meds. I was discouraged at first. I am so fearful about these medications causing Libi to become lethargic again. That in turn, causes her to lose ground in her physical development. We were praying hard for something to come back showing infection, because we knew if that was not the case they would want her meds increased. The Lord did not allow that. We trust that He is choosing more meds for Libi…although I am hesitant; I feel this is what the Lord is leading us to do.

I do not share the details of what happened in those moments yesterday to be dramatic, I share them to direct our eyes to Our Rescuer… the ONE who is our help and was our help in that moment of life and death with Libi. I cannot tell you what the reality of a day like yesterday can do to you. As I picked my sweet Libi Love up into my arms this morning she clung to my neck like she never had before and oh how I clung to her! What a gift the Father has given… in each moment…in each day…in each person…

To each and every one of you who interceded for us, who rushed to our side, who called to check in, who took over the details of “life”, who called 911…I will never be able to understand why the Lord has blessed us with those such as you. We feel so unworthy of your magnificent love and support to us. May you be blessed 100 fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I came to your blog via the comment you had left on the lydiahope blog. I just wanted to commend you for speaking what God had left on your heart even though I am sure it was hard to do. We adopted a little boy with CP from China in Feb 2008. It was truly the very best thing we have ever done and I would not change any part for the whole world. Thank you for writing the words that were on my heart also. I will be praying for your beautiful daughter. Much love, you sister in Christ.

Sandy said...

Same as Fiona -I saw your comment on Lydia's blog and was so touched by it. Your words and the care behind them were beautiful.

How is your sweet Libi today? Better I hope. How scary that must have been.

Blessings,
Sandy

Kathy said...

Amy,

I haven't stopped thinking about you and sweet Libi since Jill called yesterday. I have and will continue to pray for our mighty God to intercede and heal Libi Faith. I am also praying specifically that you will have peace and good rest!

Love,

Kathy

emily said...

I am crying with you friend. Your faith is a gift and your trust in Jesus in the midst of hard days is an encouragement to me! Praying for you.

Nicole said...

Brad and Amy,
Hi. I saw Brad's very faith-filled comment on Lydia Hope's blog and I just had to come over and visit. Our son Luke was adopted from China with severe physical and mental delays. I would like to invite you to read my blog post about it: www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com

For some reason I feel that your daughter and my son may have some of the same issues. If you get a chance I would love to exchange email with you: waitingfor1more @ comcast.net (remove spaces).

I am praying to the Great Physician for your sweet daughter.

In Him,
-Nicole Baker.
www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com

Kari C. said...

Amy,
I am praying for Libi and your family. How scary! Our God is strong and mighty! There is nothing He can not do! Praying specifically for healing and rest! We miss you guys. Elijah loves looking at the pictures of his favorite girls from China (Libi, Izzy and Emily). :o)

Take Care,
Kari and Elijah College

Lynsay said...

I also came to your blog because of the comment you left on Lydia Hope, words I had in my heart but could not share, and my prayer for them has been that somehow they would change their mind, again.

I have worked with orphans here for long enough to know what happens when they get rejected and my heart breaks for that little girl. Thank you for your willingness to share your story, and what a wonderful story of blessing it is!

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!

Lynsay

Denna said...

I can not imagine how scared you was. I am glad that Jesus came to Libi's rescue.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

great post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Libi's song