Thursday, October 18, 2007

Adoptive Love

Libi looking at her Mommy & Daddy
"I think I know these people!"



Ephesians 1:3-6
"How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son."


What kind of love is this? I cannot put into words what it feels like to have my precious daughter a world away from me. It hit me this morning...Amy, think of how you love her...that is your Father's love for you! He, knowing all of your "needs" and imperfections, still He choose you to be His precious daughter. I look at Libi and my love for her is intense. I adore every little detail of her! I can't get enough of looking at her. How do I explain this? This is adoptive love! A God given, God chosen love. Yet, I am flesh!! I can only begin to grasp what my God must feel for me when He looks down upon me. My challenge to you today...think of how much your Heavenly Father adores you! He is absolutely crazy about you!!!






No comments:

Libi's song