Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Libi "my HEART"

We received an update from the orphanage on Libi Faith.

She is doing very well. Since surgery she is more alert and is developing faster physically. I had not seen her for a day and was surprised when I saw her. We are continuing to lift her up- miracles do happen.

Can I get an AMEN on that? Miracles do happen! This whole thing is an absolute miracle and we have just begun to see all that God is going to do. Libi only had her heart surgery 2 weeks ago. We are amazed at God's work in her physical body already.

To share another amazing miracle...Ari's birth mom received Christ as her Savior!!!! I cannot even put words on our feelings about this. We are simply in AWE of God and His amazing plan. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

This whole journey of birthing children is quite amazing. For my biological babies it was different because I carried them in my body. This precious babe I carry in "my heart". That is exactly what her name means in Hebrew, "my heart". God gave me this name a few weeks before I even knew her. All little girls dream about what they will name their children from the time they can breathe! (Ladies , explain this to your husbands.) Maybe not that early but it's pretty early. Names are important. To me, I really desired that if God choose to bring us a baby from a far that she have a name with a special meaning. I went to sleep one night pondering names, Lilly being most prevalent. When I awoke the next AM I had Liberty on my mind. FREEDOM! Oh God, I thought, how you long to set these orphans free! I immediately went to the computer and began looking at the name Liberty. I found, of course, the meaning "freedom" but then I saw this variation in Hebrew"Libi"..."my heart". I just knew that was her name.

There have been moments over the last two weeks where I have understood why this is her name. This is her name because she had a heart condition that needed correcting. This is her name because she is the child of my heart! My heart aches and yearns for this little one because God reserved a place in my heart just for her.

As we prepare to send our first package to our sweet little Libi, how we long to stuff ourselves in that box and get her! We KNOW God has impeccable timing and we trust that completely. One little item in her box is a little bear that Ari picked out for her. It says a prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. The angels watch me through the night and keep me in their blessed sight. Amen"

"For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

3 comments:

lisa kindred said...

Rejoicing with you in your precious
little Libi Faith. We are united together as you wait to bring her home. She is one blessed lil girl to be a part of the Arnold Family. LIsa

Linda said...

Amy, I am practically at a loss for words, but MY HEART is so full of praise after reading about Libi and Ari's mom. Praise God!! Lauren has a little doll that says the same prayer as the one you are sending Libi! Can't wait to hear what God does next...
In faith ~ Linda Thomas

Sherry said...

Amy - I think Libi Faith "Miracle" Arnold would work. The miracles He has already done and those we are still trusting Him to work out in and through Libi's little life are beyond comprehension. I can't help but wonder what amazing plans the Lord has for her that He would take such care to sustain her and protect her and bring her to your family. I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to hold your precious second daughter. Love you! - Sherry :)

Libi's song